Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

It's Been Awhile...

So... It's almost been a year... And I could make a million excuses as to why I haven't posted in forever, but really, it just comes down to laziness. And also busy-ness. I went off to college, met new people, had fun, did (lots) of schoolwork, went to concerts, and went to Disney (by myself) on a whim. Very busy. That being said, there has been no shortage of nail art in the time since I last posted, but it's all been posted over on my Instagram rather than here. I want to change that. Time to get back to bloggin'.
I figure to start things off, I'll post one of my most recent designs, and kind of work my way back. Not sure how many of you are reading this, or any of you at all, but here we go.

So I went to a concert last week (I know, big shocker). The band I saw is one I've seen several times, an epic Canadian punk rock group called PUP. Small doggy dog. Now PUP just happened to have released their new album, The Dream Is Over, and in true Nail Guru fashion, I had to paint it.


Here's a close up. It took about 5 hours to paint this. I have no idea how many top coats are on this baby. What I can tell you is that I started with a base of Sure Thing from Revlon, used a ton of acrylic craft paint, and created the fire by using rubbing alcohol compound and Sharpies. More on this in a future post. This was followed by the above mentioned unknown amount of my new fave top coat, the gel nail polish in 01 absolute pure from essence. I've got like 4 bottles of the stuff right now... and it only costs about $3.00. 


And here's a super embarrassing photo of me and this poster both wearing The Dream Is Over... Soooo embarrassing, one of us is going to have to change. 


There you have it: The Dream Is Over by PUP on my nail. It was the best concert I've ever been to... and I've been to a lot... 

See you guys soon with more nails!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you guys! Let me know what you think of the blog, the art and most of all, what YOU would like to see on here!