*To make it easier to paint, I used the transfer, nail sticker method. I hand-painted the castle straight on my nail last year, but this can be difficult. If you want to paint the castle straight onto your nail, use the same method (Step 2. - 4. and then step 7.) as painting on a plastic bag.
1. Either leave your nail natural, or paint a sheer nude colour on. I used Sweet as Candy from Essence.Take your plastic bag, and paint a clear coat on it. This will allow your design to stay together when you peel it off.
The above picture was my inspiration.
2. Begin painting the lines, paying attention to the different widths and curves. I used a tiny paint brush from Michael's Craft Store and light blue acrylic paint.
3. Begin adding the turrets and roofs of the castle by making squares and triangles. Pay attention to the simpler shapes within the design (squares, circles, triangles). This will make it easier to paint.
4. Next, paint small triangles for the flags.
5. Let the castle design dry for at least 10 minutes. Then, using an exacto knife or scissors, carefully peel off the sticker. Cut to size.
6. Apply a clear coat of polish to your nail, and carefully apply the sticker, ensuring you smooth it down and get rid of bubbles.
7. Finally, add a glitter trail over the castle. I used Amazon's Flash from L'Oreal. You can add a rhinestone for extra sparkle, the way I did last year.
*For the other nails, you can paint a french tip in a colour to match the castle. I used Secret Peri-Wink-Le from China Glaze, with a glitter polish on top.
Hope this helps!