Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

I'm loving Essence nail polish right now. And why not?! It only costs $1.50 and is awesome! :) So anyways, I painted my nails with Essence "You Belong to Me"


Sunlight


Flash

It's a really gorgeous light blue with a yellow undertone making it lean towards turquoise. It looks like a creme when applied, but in certain light, you can see it has a bit of shimmer. Of course, me being the nail art addict I am, I had to do something more with my nails. I went for a more simple design (which comes with a tutorial!), partly because I'm really tired right now (and have lots of homework) and partly because it's a design lots of people can make. 


1. Apply base colour. After fully dry (I waited a whole day), cut out a tape template for the kite (I used an exacto knife). *There are different templates you can make. I went with one that looked more as if it were blowing in the wind, but you can just make a diamond. 
2. Apply white polish (Sally Hansen Insta Dri's Whirlwind White) to the template.
3. Add a colour to make the four quadrants usually seen on a kite (I used a yellow striper).
4. Add the kite string and tail (I used black acrylic).
5. Finally, add some bows onto the tail (OPI's Ogre-the-Top Blue and Migi pink nail pen mixed with Essie's Watermelon). Top Coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you guys! Let me know what you think of the blog, the art and most of all, what YOU would like to see on here!