Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Girl On Fire

I'm so excited that The Hunger Games is out! I plan on going this coming week. And so, in honour of my [hopeful] viewing of The Hunger Games, I had to paint my nails again. So, this theme is Girl On Fire. And lucky you, it comes with a tutorial. :p



1. Prep your nails as usual (make sure you use a base coat). Then, polish your nails with gold polish. (i used Loreal Paris Amazon's Flash and Sinful Colours All About You.)

2. Next, apply a clear nail polish where you want gold glitter. Then apply the gold glitter. *This step is optional. It does give a really cool affect though, and makes the flames a little more realistic.

3. Here's the fun part. Take (are you ready for this?) magic markers (like the Crayola ones for example) and start drawing flames in different colours over the glitter. Choose whatever flame colours you like. I went for the traditional red and orange over the gold sparkles. Then, whether with acrylic paints or black nail polish, outline the shape of your flames and fill in it.

4. Finally, clear coat your flaming nails. For your ring finger, you can add a symbol of The Hunger Games. I chose the Mockingjay and "Girl On Fire". But you could try using the Capitol seal, an arrow, the District 12 seal, etc., etc.




And here's a close up of the Mockingjay.

Have you seen the movie yet? What'd you think? Have you painted Hunger Games nails? If so, post a link to the photo in the comment section. I'd love to see them!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you guys! Let me know what you think of the blog, the art and most of all, what YOU would like to see on here!